HAVO LLC WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated: June 1, 2022
1. License. We grant you a nonexclusive nontransferable license to use the Sites and the services therein subject to the terms hereof for a period beginning on the date of your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (see Section 3 below for a description of what constitutes your acceptance) and ending on the earlier of: (a) the date we notify you of our termination of these Terms and Conditions; or (b) the date you notify us of your termination of these Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility to properly protect your login information, including your username and password, from use by third parties.
2. License Restrictions. Unless otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions or you receive Company’s prior written consent, you may not modify, translate, create derivative works of, copy, distribute, market, display, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels from, lease, sell, sublicense, clone, transfer, decompile, reverse engineer, or incorporate into any information retrieval system (electronic or mechanical), the Sites, any Company Content (defined below, Section 6), or any portion thereof. Further, you may not:
- use the Sites for any unauthorized or illegal purpose or activity including, but not limited to, any activity to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Sites, including Company Content;
- interfere with the proper working of the Sites including, but not limited to, the transmission of any virus, worm, trap door, back door, timer, clock, Trojan horse, denial of service attack or other limiting routine, instruction, or design; or
- interfere with any other person’s use and enjoyment of the Sites.
5. User Obligations. Unless otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions or you receive Company’s prior written consent, you may not modify, translate, create derivative works of, copy, distribute, market, display, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels from, lease, sell, sublicense, clone, transfer, decompile, reverse engineer, or incorporate into any information retrieval system (electronic or mechanical), the Sites, any Company Content (defined below, Section 6), or any portion thereof. Further, you may not:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as, but not limited to, inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials or spam;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
- may intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
6. Trademarks and Copyrights: Content. The Content of the Sites includes, without limitation:
- Company’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively the “Marks”);
- information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, and photographs (some of which may be owned by Company’s advertising partners, or sellers listing products for sale); and
- the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Sites (the items identified in subsections (a) (b) and (c) shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Content”).
The Content is the property of Company, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any Company Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is strictly prohibited and unlawful unless express written consent is separately obtained from the owner of such Content. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the Content.
7. No Reproduction or Resale. You are not authorized to use any intellectual property owned by Company, including the Content, for resale to any other person or entity. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any intellectual property, information, software, products, or services obtained from the Sites. You may, however, stream or download, where specifically permitted, podcasts, videos and/or related materials from the Sites for your personal, educational, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
8. No Unlawful, Prohibited, or Reckless Use. As a condition of your use of the Sites and the services and products therein, you warrant to Company that you will not use the Sites for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. You may not use the Sites in any manner that could jeopardize your safety or the safety of others, including texting, streaming, emailing, or using the Sites while driving, running, or participating in other activities that require your attention to safety.
9. Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(2) of the Copyright Act, Company designates the following individual as its agent for receipt of notifications of claimed copyright infringement:
Nicholas N. Sperling
available upon request
10. Third Party Information, Advertisements and Websites: Exclusion of Liability. Use of the Internet and the Sites is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, Company does not and cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Sites over the Internet or other communication networks. The Sites may contain advertisements, but the inclusion of advertisements on the Sites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services. Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the Sites. The Sites also may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the Sites are those of the respective third party and not of Company or its affiliates. COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO, NOR DOES IT GUARANTEE OR ENDORSE, THE QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR RELIABILITY OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS.
11.Indemnification. If anyone brings a claim or threatens to bring a claim against Company arising out of your actions or use of the Sites or the services and products therein, or anyone else’s use thereof through your account, you agree to indemnify and hold Company, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their owners, partners, shareholders, members, managers, officers, directors, governors, independent contractors, employees, agents, and representatives harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs at arbitration, through trial or on appeal, in addition to all other sums provided by law.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SITES, INCLUDING SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THE SITES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOUR USE OF THE SITES, INCLUDING THE SITES’ SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, SAFETY, AND/OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WHILE WE TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS AGAINST INFECTION OF THE SITES BY MALWARE, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE NO SUCH INFECTION. NOR CAN WE GUARANTEE THAT THE SITES WILL BE PROVIDED IN A MANNER THAT IS UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; THEREFORE, THE ABOVE-REFERENCED EXCLUSION IS INAPPLICABLE IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS. THE SITES ARE INTENDED TO PROVIDE INFORMATION FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES ONLY.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITES WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITES WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, PARTNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, GOVERNORS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE BASED ON THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, BY USING THE SITES YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE § 1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE SITES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE SITES AND YOUR USE OF THEM, OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS THEREIN WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE (12) MONTHS. ANY CLAIMS ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITES AND ANY CONTENT THEREIN MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE DATE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH ACTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, COMPANY’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITES AND ANY COMPANY SERVICES AND PRODUCTS.
14. Termination. Company may terminate your account, and remove and discard any of your content, at any time without notice, for any reason. We will not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Sites. You likewise may delete or disable your account at any time.
17. Modifications and Amendments. Company reserves the right, at any time, to modify or amend the Terms and Conditions without prior notice to you. Modifications and/or amendments are effective immediately upon being posted on the Sites. Your continued use of the Sites and the services and products therein after any modifications or amendments are posted constitutes your acceptance of the modifications or amendments. Except as provided in this paragraph, these Terms and Conditions may not be amended except by agreement in writing signed by the party against whom enforcement of the amendment is sought.
18. Waiver. Company’s failure to exercise or enforce any term in these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such term.
19. Severability. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared to be invalid, unenforceable, or void by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision will be deemed stricken, and the Terms and Conditions will be reformed to replace that provision with a valid and enforceable provision which comes as close as possible to expressing the intention of the stricken provision. The remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall have the same force and effect as if such provision had never been included.
20. Attorney’s Fees. In the event that any action, suit or legal proceeding is initiated or brought to enforce any or all of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, you agree that Company shall be entitled, in addition to any other remedies provided by law or equity, to collect from you, and you agree to pay Company its costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, costs, disbursements, photocopy charges, witness fees, subpoena fees, expert witness fees, computerized legal research fees, computer forensics consulting fees, and all other expenses incurred by Company, including those on appeal and in connection with the enforcement or collection of any order, award, or judgment against you, to the extent that Company prevails (in whole or part) in such legal proceeding.
21. Assignability. The rights, responsibilities, or obligations granted or assumed with respect to these Terms and Conditions may not be assigned by you, in whole or in part, without first obtaining Company’s written consent. Company may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any successor or assign to all or substantially all of its business or assets, whether direct or indirect, by purchase, merger, consolidation, acquisition of stock, or otherwise.
22. Rule of Construction. It is expressly agreed by the parties to these Terms and Conditions that the rule of construction that a document should be more strictly interpreted against the person who drafted it shall not apply to any provision.
23. Use of Websites and Content outside of the United States. Company makes no claims regarding access or use of the Sites or the Company Content outside of the United States. If you use or access the Sites or the Company Content outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction as well as these Terms and Conditions.
24. Social Media. Company may provide opportunities for user interaction within its Sites and social media profiles on sites such as Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and various blogging sites. On those social media profiles, content and links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein; Company is not responsible for content or links posted by others.
25. Advertiser or User-Generated Content. By contributing advertiser or user-generated content to any of the Sites or social media profiles, you acknowledge that this information is available to the public and grant Company a nonexclusive license to display, reproduce, transmit, modify such user-generated content and that Company may use the user-generated content for internal and external marketing purposes. You are solely responsible for the user-generated content you submit. Company retains the right to remove any content from the Sites for any reason.